Realtor Spotlight | Julie McMillan
Updated: Dec 14, 2022
Welcome back to our Realtor Spotlight! In this series of blog posts, we highlight some of our incredible realtor partners, both personally and professionally, to discover a little bit more about them and showcase their agencies!
In this spotlight, we meet Julie McMillan from Millshire Realty!
1. Tell us about yourself (background/education/experience).
I am a mom of 4 kids and the Mimi to the cutest 4 grand-babies on the planet. I have the most amazing husband, who is my biggest cheerleader. I am a Jane of all trades. I was a hairstylist right out of high school, and then joined the medical field after my son was born. I have worked for an oncologist, family practice, neurosurgeon, as well as an orthopedic practice.
I worked in Worker’s Comp for Publix and Worker’s Comp Re-employment for a local company. I also worked for the State Attorney’s office for 10 years processing child support cases. However, my all-time favorite job was as an office manager (though I did that title and more) while I was working with my brother for a company called Studio 41B. We created the coolest indoor game arenas.
2. How long have you been a realtor?
3. What do you like most about living and selling real estate in Florida?
I mean, is there a better place to live? No snow and there are beaches within 2 hours of almost anywhere in the state. I love that people move here to enjoy our Florida lifestyle.
4. What advice do you have for anyone looking to buy or sell right now?
For Buyers: Have PATIENCE. When the right house comes along everything will fall into place. Also, be prepared to hear a lot of No’s before we get the Yes!
For Sellers: Congrats! You sold your house almost before we even listed it!
5. What three traits define you?
I’m giving to a fault, I always see the good in people, and I am a tad sassy.
6. What would you be doing if you weren’t in real estate?
Honestly, probably still working in the medical field…miserable.
7. What is the most gratifying aspect of what you do?
I love when my buyers get the home that they worked so hard for. I like that all my clients become friends and that they know they can call me at anytime for anything.
8. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
I would love to learn to fly!
9. What are your favorite indoor/outdoor activities?
So, I am a major crafter. I always need some kind of project going. Since we just put in a pool, my new outdoor activity is floating!
10. If you wrote an autobiography about your life, what would you title it?
Third Times the Charm – How My Life Became a Fairytale
11. In your opinion, what is the coolest design trend you are seeing in homes today?
There isn’t one thing in particular. I like modern farmhouse and boho chic.
12. Where is your favorite place in the world to be?
Wherever my husband is! Haha! But I am a pretty big fan of Curacao. I could move there.
13. If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet?
Audrey Hepburn. She is hands down, full out class and wit.
14. Who would you want to play you in a movie about your life?
Not sure, but my husband says Elizabeth Shue because she is my famous person look alike.
15. What are your top 5 favorite TV shows or movies in no particular order?
Movies: Pretty Woman, An Affair to Remember, The Parent Trap (the original), Sweet Home Alabama, 13 Going on 30, and 27 Dresses.
TV: Jeopardy, Ghosts, and The Big Bang Theory
16. What are your top 5 favorite bands/artists or podcasts in no particular order?
And almost any band from the 80’s
17. Where is your favorite place to eat?
Besitos in Tampa. Best filet you’ll ever eat!
18. What is the most unique property you’ve ever listed or sold?
A tiny 1-bedroom house completely painted floor to ceiling sky blue with actual fluffy clouds attached to the ceiling. It also had a studio apartment that was decorated like a houseboat.
19. What is the most unusual thing you’ve encountered while working in real estate?
A state-of-the-art shower with LED lights, steam/sauna, full body jets and a built-in radio. This was in a mobile home where the floor was falling through… creature comforts, I guess!
20. Anything else you would like our readers to know about you and your company?
I absolutely love my job. Helping my clients buy and sell is very rewarding for me. My brokerage is by far one of the best. We are a small, family-oriented and agent-first type of company. It has been a pleasure watching it grow from only 4 of us to now over 30 agents. My broker is amazing and always has ours backs. You couldn’t ask for a better place to work!
I have gotten involved in volunteering this year, mainly with a non-profit called T.A.S.S.E.L, which helps service all Polk County Schools. I look forward to other opportunities to help our community.
Thank you, Julie, for sharing your story with us! We love the opportunity to learn more about our agents and their brokers/companies. Your experiences are all so unique and your insight is invaluable.
Interested in being highlighted in an upcoming Realtor Spotlight? Reach out to our team for more information!