Realtor Spotlight | Dawn McDonald
Welcome back to our Realtor Spotlight! In this series of blog posts, we highlight some of our incredible realtor partners, both personally and professionally, to discover a little bit more about them and showcase their agencies!
In this spotlight, we meet Dawn McDonald from Xcellence Realty!
1. Tell us about yourself (background/education/experience).
I am a wife and mom. I have three sons-in-law and four grand-dogs. I moved to Lakeland in the 80's and attended International Academy of Merchandising and Design. I then attended Polk Community College for my CDA and Director's License. I also studied at Regal School of Real Estate.
I spent several years working in Retail Management, then as the Former Founder and Director of Joyful Hearts Preschool. I also founded Cozy Delivered and still do that on top of my current job as a realtor.
Fun fact about me: I was born on a leap year.
2. How long have you been a realtor?
I am about to celebrate six years!
3. What do you like most about living and selling real estate in Florida?
I love Florida for the beautiful sunshine and beaches. I love working in our community because of all the relationships made and what we can do to help each other out. We have some amazing entrepreneurs in our town.
4. What advice do you have for anyone looking to buy or sell right now?
Take the time to do a buyer/seller consultation with your realtor. It takes less than 45 minutes and really helps remove any fears or confusion you might have.
5. What three traits define you?
6. What would you be doing if you weren’t in real estate?
An online business of some kind.
7. What is the most gratifying aspect of what you do?
I love that my work matters! I get to help people make the most important financial decision of their lives. I also get to help them find the homes that they get to create cherished memories. I also love when my customers invite me back to be a part of their family celebrations!
8. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
I would love to master public speaking!
9. What are your favorite indoor/outdoor activities?
Long walks, reading, kayaking, camping and swimming.
10. In your opinion, what is the coolest design trend you are seeing in homes today?
I’m not really into current trends. I am passionate about mid-century home designs.
11. Where is your favorite place in the world to be?
I love being outdoors in nature or by the water.
12. If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet?
13. Who would you want to play you in a movie about your life?
Diane Keaton, because I just think she’s a really well-rounded actor.
14. What are your top 5 favorite TV shows or movies in no particular order?
And So It Goes
The Money Pit
Shall We Dance
15. What are your top 5 favorite bands/artists or podcasts in no particular order?
The Model Health Show
16. Where is your favorite place to eat?
Black and Brew, Mitchel’s and Ovation Bistro
17. What is the most unique property you’ve ever listed or sold?
I would say the most unique homes I’ve ever sold have been historic homes. It’s like owning a piece of history. The homes are filled with such unique details.
18. What is the most unusual thing you’ve encountered while working in real estate?
Haha! This needs to be answered over coffee sometime!
Thank you, Dawn, for letting us see a glimpse into a day in your life! We appreciate your partnership and look forward to working together closely for many more years to come.
Interested in being highlighted in an upcoming Realtor Spotlight? Reach out to our team for more information!