Realtor Spotlight | Hubbert Team
Welcome to our Realtor Spotlight! In this series of blog posts, we will be highlighting some of our incredible realtor partners, both personally and professionally, to discover a little bit more about them and showcase their agencies!
For our first spotlight, we interviewed real estate duo John and Christine Hubbert from Team Hubbert, Better Homes and Gardens!
John and Christine Hubbert
Team Hubbert, Realtors with Better Homes and Gardens RE-Fine Living
1. Tell us about yourself (background/education/past experience).
John: I was born in Williamsport, PA. Moved around a bit and settled in Florida in 2004.
Christine: I was born in Lakeland, FL and a graduate of USF with my bachelor’s degree. I have been at Publix in the Real Estate Department for 15+ years with 80+ stores.
2. How long have you been a realtor?
John: 1 year; prior to that, I worked in sales and management in the restaurant industry overseeing 120 employees.
Christine: 5+ years
3. What do you like most about living and selling real estate in Florida?
John: Weather, things to do, outdoors, beaches and the real estate market is great!
Christine: Same! And I just enjoy the Lakeland community.
4. What advice do you have for anyone looking to buy or sell right now?
John: If you’re looking to buy – DO IT! The rates are amazing right now.
5. What three traits define you?
John: Fun, people-person and overachiever
Christine: Detail-oriented, focused and driven
6. What would you be doing if you weren’t in real estate?
John: I would probably be in the medical field… maybe radiology!
Christine: I would probably want to work in the airlines!
7. What is the most gratifying aspect of what you do?
John: Helping first time home buyers navigate the real estate process.
Christine: Helping families realize home ownership.
8. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
John: Learn to be a radiologist
Christine: Finish obtaining my pilot’s license
9. What are your favorite indoor/outdoor activities?
Christine: Photography and being with my family
10. If you wrote an autobiography about your life, what would you title it?
Both: The Roller Coaster
11. In your opinion, what is the coolest design trend you are seeing in homes today?
John: Open floor plan
Christine: Electric stone fireplaces
12. Where is your favorite place in the world to be?
John: Cruise ship
Christine: Tennessee, in the mountains
13. If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet?
Christine: My grandparents
14. Who would you want to play you in a movie about your life?
John: Ryan Reynolds
Christine: Kate Beckinsale
15. What are your top 5 favorite TV shows or movies in no particular order?
John: Harry Potter series, Remember the Titans, The Blind Side, Stranger Things and Shark Tank
Christine: Beauty and the Beast, Pearl Harbor, The Notebook, Dear John and A Walk to Remember
16. What are your top 5 favorite bands/artists or podcasts in no particular order?
John: Eminem, Chris Young, Eric Church, Luke Bryan and Grace City Music
Christine: Casting Crowns, Mercy Me, Lauren Daigle, Francesca Battistelli and Hillsong
17. Where is your favorite place to eat?
John: Saigon Bistro
Christine: Dona Juila
18. What is the most unique property you’ve ever listed or sold?
John: I had this one luxury home with a huge walk-in closet and 3-layers of crown molding. It had great detail and opulence.
Christine: I had this one large home that overlooked a lake. The balcony was literally over the water.
19. What is the most unusual thing you’ve encountered while working in real estate?
John: One house I saw was completely decorated for Christmas in October.
Christine: I had one with a phone on the wall in the master bathroom.
Thank you, John and Christine, for sharing your story with us! We love showcasing our incredible agents. Check back for more Realtor Spotlights soon!
Interested in being highlighted in an upcoming Realtor Spotlight? Reach out to our team for more information!